Friday, November 2, 2012

A Tongue Depressor Nativity Scene

Ok, maybe not such a glamorous title.  The Mr and I were keen to make a nativity scene this year, so we trolled through Pinterest looking for ideas.  The Mr is onto Pinterest now.  I don't think this is quite what he had in mind, but I loved the simple, clean lines of the original and thought I would make it a bit Scandi with the white wash stable walls.  Plus, the doctor in me fell in love with the idea of using tongue depressors.


IMG_1454

IMG_1457

Idea from here.

p.s. if you ask your doctor really nicely they may give you some tongue depressors.  If not, of course you can use popsicle sticks.

p.s.s. I think I am going to make one to take to work to hang on my surgery wall!

3 comments:

  1. lol I love this...I work in a drs surgery...i`ll make one to hang on the front door.
    allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do so hope you've hung one on your surgery wall. Fantastic!!! You're so crafty. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Why hello there, thanks for commenting!